Monday, January 26

Sticky Rice - A Poem to End the Day



My home’s a bit messy,  my world is not neat
There’s a globe on my table and rice stuck to my feet.

On my coffee table I see Bibles, a pine cone, and books,
I type on my computer because I’d rather not look.

We picked up one room, that’s enough for a day
After all, there needs to be some time to play!

We ate a good dinner, we prayed and we read
The cleaning can wait because I WANT THEM IN BED!

Ah, the quiet... no wait, they’re still up.
Could it be I’m not done yet? Don’t MAKE me get up.

I don’t need much exercise, I so rarely sit,
But the dishwasher’s running, I hope IT gets fit.

After a good rest I’ll see them again
Those beautiful smiles on my three little men.

They come carrying legos, cards, knights and swords
Although it is messy, our life has rewards.

9:00 p.m and my 3-year-old’s still talking to God,
“Ok, Jesus,” he says and goes off with a nod.

We’ll study in the morning, have art then we’ll play
It’s all in the life of our homeschooling day.

In my family room a monkey’s laid flat on the floor. He looks how I feel.
Need I say more?



No comments: