Wednesday, January 21

Headliner Award for Inauguration Day

Today I was inspired by the idea of rewarding blogs that reward others --- AND -- since I am up in the middle of the night reading blogs, thankfully finding myself  WORDLESS for once, I had to share with you a blog that perfectly exemplified my thoughts about this historic inauguration day.   Since I feel nothing I say could be more poignant than this post, I am initiating a new award.  



This award is presented to a blog that interpreted today's news in a far-reaching, life-changing way... It has truly gone "Beyond the chatter to what really matters!"

My first award recipient is Deanna's Diary


As we welcome Barack Obama into the presidency, many of us who did NOT vote for him are moving in a new direction.   As life-loving Christians, a great woe is Obama's address to Planned Parenthood on the Freedom Of Choice Act. (See my earlier blog post on this for a video of his presentation.)   So, while there are monumental achievements recognized on the part our country's views on African-Americans shown today, there are also concerns that go beyond race to life and death.  Diana's post shows a great balance between these heavy issues.

If you know a blog that has posted something "Beyond the Chatter",  one that reflects life living as a Christian in a country that uses the words "Separation of church and state" as if they were actually in the Constitution, then pass this award to them on my behalf.  Good news travels fast and worthy views need encouragement.

Did you know that the words "separation of church and state" are NOT in any of of the founding documents of our country?  As now President Obama said, we are going to recreate America!  Let's do it upon the principles it was truly founded on, not the later atheistic principles that have been adopted by our courts, who have the privilege of passing laws we don't get to vote on. 


1 comment:

nomore said...

Wow! what an honor!

I made a sidebar spot down towards the bottom om my blog (because I'm humbled, and don't want to be "showy")....

But, thank you so much for thinking of me in this way!

(((To God be ALL the Glory!)))

In Him, Deanna