Wednesday, November 26

Recipe Feature: Poppy Seed Dressing for Turkey Day!


In 20 years, I’ve only made one bad turkey, a little underdone.  That HAD to be one of the rare years I hosted for my husbands family, so I’m blessed that they are giving me some grace and venturing to our house again.  Needless to say, I’ll be up early tomorrow.   


I’d love to hear if anybody is doing anything different this year, or about great traditions you have.  We’re starting something new this year, a conversation starter bowl.  Everybody was asked to come with three questions that would not come up in our usual conversation.  Personally, I hope to get to know our family better and give my kids some history to look back on.   They always have questions, so with guidance, it could be good.  


To get you into the cooking spirit, I’m going to share my poppy seed dressing recipe with you.   It uses raspberry vinegar, which is available in most grocery stores and that gives it a nice fruity flavor.


Poppy Seed Salad Dressing


In a shaker, combine the following:


1 1/2 tsp. onion juice or finely grated onion (a lemon zester works well)

1/3 c. white sugar (I’ve tried honey, but it complicates the raspberry flavor)

1/3 c. White Balsamic Raspberry Blush Vinegar (or other fruity vinegar)

3/4 c. light olive oil or salad oil (I mix the two)

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

1/2 tsp. salt

1 Tbsp. poppy seeds


Choose your favorite greens and try some of these toppings or your own favorites with the dressing just before serving:


Mandarine oranges and/or strawberries

Slightly chopped pecans

Raisins

Sunflower seeds

Pine nuts

Onions



2 Corinthians 9:8

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.


No comments: